Big West Coach's Poll softball photo

Junior Daisy Munoz sets herself on defense on May 8 against Hawaii at Anderson Family Field. (Devyn Billingsley / CSUF Athletics)

Cal State Fullerton’s softball team was picked to capture the 2022 Big West softball title by the conference’s 10 head coaches, according to a preseason poll released Monday on the conference website.

Fullerton received 77 points and five first-place votes.

The team went 38-15 overall and 21-3 in conference last season, losing a potential fifth consecutive conference title to Long Beach State after a three-game sweep.

The Titans welcome back infielder Hannah Becerra this season, who led the Big West in home runs with 14 and ranked second in RBIs with 47. Becerra was named to the NFCA All-American Third Team and the NCFA All-West Region First Team.

Infielder Daisy Munoz is another notable returner who totalled 11 home runs, 9 doubles and 40 RBIs last season.

All-Big West Second Team member, outfielder Megan Delgadillo will lead the outfield after leading the team with 31 steals and finishing second on the team with a total of 41 runs scored.

The team the ended Fullerton’s season last May, Long Beach, was predicted to finish second behind Fullerton with 74 points, following four first-place votes. The team finished last season with a 22-2 conference record to go along with their overall record of 38-15.

UC Davis was selected to finish third with 55 points. Hawaii and UC San Diego tied for fourth at 49 points. Cal Poly SLO was voted to finish sixth with 42 points and received the remaining first-place vote.

UC Santa Barbara came in seventh with 41 points, CSU Northridge was eighth with 29 points, UC Riverside was ninth with 25 points and lastly, CSU Bakersfield was voted to finish tenth with 9 points.

Poll Results

1. Cal State Fullerton (77 points, 5 first place votes)

2. Long Beach State (74 points, 4 first place votes)

3. UC Davis (55 points)

T-4. Hawai’i (49 points)

T-4. UC San Diego (49 points)

6. Cal Poly (42 points, 1 first place vote)

7. UC Santa Barbara (41 points)

8. CSUN (29 points)

9. UC Riverside (25 points)

10. CSU Bakersfield (9 points)

Cal State Fullerton is scheduled to start the season against the University of Mississippi and Dixie State University in the Easton Invitational on Feb. 11th at Anderson Family Field.