Trey Maddox

Senior guard Tray Maddox Jr. led the Titans in scoring for the 2020-21 season with 15.9 pints per game. (CSUF Athletics)

The Titans and Spartans will clash on Nov. 11 as CSUF men’s basketball and San Jose State go head to head.

The game comes on the heels of the Titans’ Tuesday season opener, a close 84-77 loss to the Santa Clara Broncos. 

Junior forward Vincent Lee, led the team with 18 points, backed by E.J Anosike with 16 points and 13 rebounds.  On opposition, freshman forward Josip Vrankic led the Broncos with 29 points and led with eight rebounds.

Thursday’s game will be the season opener for the Spartans, who are fueled by their exhibition win against Cal State East Bay, 60-56. San Jose State head coach Tim Miles said they’re expecting to compete hard and find a way to win the game.

“Fullerton is a heady, aggressive, offensively gifted team. We’re going to have to play great team defense, really, really guard the ball. They’ve got excellent three-point shooting too,” Miles said.

Tray Maddox Jr., CSUF senior guard, is trying to keep up his reputation as the leading scorer. He averaged 16 points per game last season, and scored 11 points in this season’s opener.

Like the Spartans, the Titans also won their exhibition before fumbling their opener. CSUF beat Bethesda in a brutal takedown, 105-46. Leading 53-20 in the first half, both teams doubled their points in the second, a far greater gain for CSUF.

As for its head coach, Dedrique Taylor returns for his eighth year at CSUF. In February, Taylor earned his 100th victory as head coach during a game against UC Irvine.

The game begins at 7 p.m. at San Jose’s home arena, Provident Credit Union Event Center