women's basketball brief

Aixchel Hernandez (right) grabs a rebound during Fullerton's 60-56 win over San Diego State on Nov. 16 in Titan Gym. (Eliza Green / Daily Titan).

Cal State Fullerton women’s basketball prepares for their home game against the Grand Canyon University Antelopes on Dec. 4 at 2 p.m. in Titan Gym.

The Titans are in a great position to score a win against the Antelopes after a successful weekend Nov. 27 against Pepperdine. The Titans dominated with a strong fourth quarter, 68-63, against Pepperdine.

The Titans started and ended the matchup strong, as three players scored in double digits. Lily Wahinekapu contributed 14 points with three rebounds and eight assists. Ashlee Lewis had 14 points with five rebounds and Gabi Vidmar had 13 points and six rebounds. 

The Antelopes won their latest matchup on Nov. 27, against Houston Baptist, 63-54. The Antelopes improved their offensive output as the quarters went by, scoring 13, 15, 16 and 19 points in each quarter, respectively.

The Antelopes had two players score in double digits contributing to their victory. Jay McChristine led the way with 16 points and nine rebounds while Amara Graham contributed 13 points, four assists and three rebounds. 

The Titan’s starters, Wahinekapu, Fujika Nimmo, Kathryn Neff and Carolyn Gill will be depended on to deliver against the Antelopes.

Both the Titans and the Antelopes head into the matchup on Saturday coming off of victories but the Titans will have one statistical advantage when the offensive minded squads meet on the court.

The Titans go into the matchup against the antelopes totaling 77.4 per game while Grand Canyon comes in averaging 63.5 points per game. 

Saturday’s game is the first half of a doubleheader with men's basketball, who will face San Diego State at 5 p.m.

Tags