ashlee lewis basketball

Sophomore guard Ashlee Lewis dribbles past a Pepperdine guard toward the basket on Nov. 27 in the Firestone Fieldhouse. (CSUF Athletics)

Cal State Fullerton women’s basketball will welcome the University of San Francisco to Titan Gym on Dec. 7.

The last time Fullerton took the court was on Dec. 4 when they defeated the Grand Canyon University Antelopes and earned the team’s third comeback victory of the season and improved its record to 4-3.

The Titans were down by as many as 14 points before a strong outing in the second half sealed the victory. Fullerton was led by freshman guard Lily Wahinekapu’s 18-point performance along with 14 points from forward Carolyn Gill and 13 points from guard Fujika Nimmo.

Wahinekapu leads the team in points per game with 16 followed by Nimmo, who is averaging 10.4 points per game.

Fullerton’s next opponent, the San Francisco Dons, holds a 5-4 record and most recently ended a three-game skid when they defeated USC, 78-63.

The Dons are also led on offense by strong guard play. Their leading scorer is redshirt sophomore Ionna Krimili, who averages just under 20 points per game — over eight points more than the team’s next leading scorer, junior Jasmine Gayles who averages 11.3.

Fullerton will look to improve upon their 3-1 record at home while San Franciscohas struggled on the road with a 1-2 away record.

On average, the Dons score nearly 66 total points per game compared to the Titan’s 63. San Francisco allows an average of 65.6 points per game to their opponents while CSUF allows nearly 65 points per game.

Both teams are also nearly even in three-point shooting percentage, with Fullerton shooting 32.4% to San Francisco’s 31.4%.

Tuesday’s matchup will be the first between the two squads since 2012 where Fullerton came away with a 60-55 victory at home.

CSUF will look to earn their third consecutive victory when the two teams meet on Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Titan Gym.