Haruka Koda Womens Golf

Haruka Koda walks to the next hole at the Big West championships last April. (Jayce Smith)

Cal State Fullerton women’s golf wrapped up the Jackrabbit Intercollegiate at the Brookings Country Club in Brookings, South Dakota on Tuesday after play was suspended Monday afternoon due to darkness and rain.

The Titans finished fourth after the second round at 20-over-par 308, a significant step down on the leaderboard compared to their top spot in the first round.

CSUF junior Elina Saksa and senior Haruka Koda each finished the second 18 holes with a score of 3-over-par 75.

The front nine of the second round consisted of three bogeys and one par for Saksa, which put her at 2-over-par halfway through the round. However, Saksa decreased her bogeys to one on the back nine to secure her a top individual position at even par.

Koda also accomplished an even par during the front nine after recording a bogey on the third hole and a birdie on the fifth. It was a bogey on the 14th and double bogey on the 18th that brought her overall individual score to three over par.

However, the Titans were able to produce a comeback in round three, securing a spot in third place at 11-over-par 299. They finished 42-over-par 906, just one stroke off second place.

Saksa completed the two-day event in first place on the individual leaderboard at three over par. Her last round of 18 holes consisted of two double bogeys in the front nine, one bogey and two birdies, which produced a score of 3-over-par 75.

After tying for fifth on the individual leaderboard, Koda shot three birdies, but had a bogey and two double bogeys in the last round to finish her day at 2-over-par 74 and 225 total strokes.

Women’s golf will hit the road again for the three-day Golfweek Conference Challenge in Vail, Colorado starting on Sept. 27.