Womens golf day two photo

Haruka Koda lines up her shot at the Big West championships in May. (John Fajardo)

After two rounds at the Rainbow Wahine Individual at the Kapolei Golf Club in Hawaii, Cal State Fullerton women’s golf remains in fifth place.

It was an eight stroke improvement from day one as the team scored a 6-over-par 294. The Baylor University Bears still lead the way after a tremendous day two.

Baylor scored a 10-under-par 278 on the day. They are led by Britta Snyder who is currently the top overall player in the tournament. She scored a 4-under-par 68 to put her at 7-under-par 137 total. Gurleen Kaur and Antonia Matte are also in the top four overall.

The Bears have built a comfortable 19-stroke lead over the second place Santa Clara Broncos. The Idaho Vandals round out the top three.

Fullerton junior Elina Saksa continued her superb tournament with another 2-under-par 70. Saksa, who transferred from the University of Las Vegas, started the day off strong with three consecutive birdies on holes two through four. She was also able to navigate through struggles in the back nine.

Even with four bogeys, Saksa was able to offset them with three more birdies, including going back-to-back on holes 14 and 15. She enters the final round tied for second overall with a 4-under-par 140, three strokes behind Snyder.

Much like Saksa, senior Lisa Djerf finished day two with the same score as round one. She scored a 4-over-par 76. On the day, Djerf had a pair of birdies, a pair of couple bogeys and a pair of couple double bogeys. She heads into day three with a 8-over-par 152, which is good for a tie for 25th place.

CSUF sophomore Linley Ooi improved from her first round with a 2-over-par 74. Ooi was able to overcome four bogeys and a double bogey by adding four birdies. She sits tied for 22nd overall with a 7-over-par 151.

The Titans sit four strokes behind Hawaii for fourth place and four strokes ahead of UC Irvine. The team will continue into the final round on Oct. 27.